Monday, August 13, 2012

Echos of Echo...

Echo....I picked up a little black cat at the corner of Mulberry and St. Mary's in San Antonio in 1998. I was training for the SA Marathon.

I gave her hugs, treats, kisses, toys, pets, food, took her to the vet, cleaned her kitty litter and she gave me UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

After 5 years and a couple of roommates, boyfriends and other kitties later, I introduced her to my soon to be husband, Chris. Echo still gave me UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

I took her to a new house, Chris and I got married... WE gave her more treats, more food and more LOVE...she gave US more UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

In 2007, we found our dog, McCormack. While she wasn't happy, we still gave her all the love we could give her and she gave UNCONDITIONAL LOVE back...even to Macca Dog.

In 2008, 2009, and 2011, Echo was there for ME during the loss of my babies and my Dad. She gave me that UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

From January 2010-May 2012, Echo sat on my lap, when I was studying for my Master's in Kinesiology.  She may have learned about Exercise Physiology just as much as I did. Giving me UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, when I was busy.


For 14 BEAUTIFUL years, I gave her tons of  hugs, kisses and play times and  I received some of the BEST LOVE anyone could ever ask for...UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

On August 3, 2012, we had to say Good Bye to our dearest friend...  Echo Kitty.

My heart hurts...my lap is cold...I miss her dearly.




In my heart, I know that Echo is sitting on my Dad's lap, getting tons of love, kisses and hugs from our unborn children, waiting for me to cross that Rainbow Bridge.


Until we meet again...

1 comment:

Gabi said...

So sorry to hear about sweet Echo... the only kitty that I ever met that could talk. *Hugs*