Monday, January 9, 2012

Spring Cleaning and Life

January, what do you think of? New Year Resolutions? A New Diet? A New Exercice Program?  In January, I think about spring cleaning. I think of a fresh start, ..."out with the old, in with the new". I think of the closets being clean out and taken to GoodWill, I see desk drawers being empty, I see computers being cleaned up and starting up "FRESH" for 2012.
Today, I did some spring cleaning not only in my closet, my desk drawers, and some files but I did some "Spring Cleaning" on my mind and some memories.

As I was going through papers, pictures, articles, videos, I noticed that I had four major piles:
  • Sea World
  • CrossFit
  • Triathlon
  • Fertility Clinic Information
Sea World Pile: A pile of happiness. Photos, videos, cards from friends, when I put my 2 week notice in, ID's, name tags, etc.  This pile made me smile, made me cry, made me laugh and made me feel very very blessed.  Check out my last show that I did at SeaWorld San Antonio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGrhbBqfRCM&feature=BFa&list=HL1326081265&lf=mh_lolz.

CrossFit Pile: A pile of newness. Articles and journals that haven't been read from CrossFit Journals, photos from competitions that I have done, my strength training plans now and a newness of it all. This pile made me smile, and made me feel that there is more to come and I can't wait for the journey.

Triathlon Pile: A pile of dreams. Articles that I have written, photos of races that I have done, my athletes history and waiver forms, the Ironman races my athletes are doing or have done,  my USA Triathlon Level I certificate, my USAT Honorable Mention patch from 2008 (need to declutter more :)). This pile made me reflect of my journey through the triathlon world as an athlete and as a coach, watching my athletes succeed and now as a spectator...supporting my husband as he trains for Ironman-Hawaii.

Fertility Clinic Pile: A pile of sadness, confusion and the unknown. It was mostly bills that were payed, blood test information, blood test showing that I was pregnant in April and May, and what to do next. This pile made me cry but this pile has taught me the most about myself. This pile taught me that I can not technically "control", when I am suppose to have a baby, and if I am suppose to have a baby.

My Spring Cleaning brought me to this conclusion:
I am a 40 year old women, that have swam with killer whales, married a wonderful man, competed in Ironman competitions and now competiting in CrossFit competitions and when I look at my piles, I tend to focus on the "Fertility Clinic" Pile. 

Guess what, the "Fertility Clinic Pile" went in the shredder...the other piles did not.

I LOVE spring cleaning not only my desk, closets and files but also my MIND.

No comments: