Sunday, January 15, 2012

Listen to The Fonz...

You hear it all the time...  "Go with your gut" or "Listen to your inner voice".

I heard that voice on Wednesday at 10:45 am, when I was talking with my husband, Chris, on the phone.  I told him that I felt anxious that morning, after I taught at Body Armor.  I didn't have to workout that day, so I was trying to get some things done at the gym for the 5k that we were putting on that Sunday.  I told Chris that I figured what I was feeling was being anxious towards school starting and getting ready for my final semester.

At 10:57, my "gut" was right but also wrong. I received a phone call from our alarm company...

Alarm Company: We have movement going on at your home.
Me: I am not at home....
Alarm Company: Should we call the cops?
Me: I guess so...it could be the dog?
Alarm Company: Yeah, there is movement from the back to the front.
Me: Call the cops ASAP

I felt sick...absolutely sick. I called Chris as I was driving home.  He was in ameeting, and his phone was turned off.  I pulled up and saw my front door open.  I was about to throw up.  The cop drove past me and I didn't want to go in.  I was scared since I didn't know where my dog or cat was.  I got out of the car and I saw Macca Dog in the empty lot...he didn't come to me right away, he seemed to be "scared or unsure." (Doggy and kitty are fine :))

The cop came back to the house...found out my neighbor saw what was going on and called the cops.  Never got a license plate but got some information. The cop walks in to the house to make sure it was safe.  He brought me in.  I was shaking...I was crying...our house was invaded, our lives were invade and it was a mess. 

I am not going into details of what was taken, what was broken, etc. and the days after that but what I will say is this...

I "heard" my inner voice, 12 MINUTES before I received a phone call.  I didn't go with it and "blew" it off thinking it was something else.  I am not going to "beat" myself up about not "listening" but I will notice it next time I "hear" it.

Found this quote today from Henry Winkler...aka The Fonz...

"Your mind knows only some things. Your inner voice, your instinct, know everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path."

I have been "listening" to my inner voice, my whole life...this time, I forgot to trust it.

Don't forget to trust yours...

No comments: