Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ironman Hawaii: 1989, 2012 and 2015

Aloha Friends!


In 1989, I watched Dave Scott and Mark Allen battle out Ironman Hawaii on NBC. I told my Mom that I was going to do Ironman by the time I was 30.

Fast forward to 2002...I did Ironman Wisconsin before I turned 30. I took a little break in 2003. I did Ironman Brazil in May 2004 and Ironman FL in Nov. 2004. In Nov 2005, Chris and I did our honeymoon in Australia and we both did  IM-Western Australia.

Underpant Run...Paul Huddle and Roch Fry!



Doing 4 Ironmans have been quite an accomplishment and I am very blessed to have been able to do them.  BUT, when I told my Mom that I was going to do Ironman by the time I was 30....I meant Ironman Hawaii...the World Championship.  I was chasing that dream for 5 years. It didn't happen. Here is what happened: LIFE happened. My life was taking a different path...I was swimming with killer whales. I had 4 miscarriages and I lost my Dad. I wasn't ready for IM training again...my mind was working to much. I couldn't do the training.  I found CrossFit, which I am very thankful for but something was missing.

Congrats to MY IRONMAN!!! Love you Honey!





This past week, I was in Kona for the Ironman World Championship in Kona...as a spectator. My husband, Chris did Ironman Hawaii.  He was amazing, the hard work and determination to getnto the finish line...Priceless.  Ironman Hawaii is magical...the energy, the people, the volunteers, and of course, the athletes, Pros or Age Groups.   I was in awe...inspired...emotional...but most of all, I realized that dream/goal is still there.  I never lost it...nor I never will until it is accomplished.


1989: The dream starts
2012: The dream is reconfirmed
2015:  The dream will be accomplished!

Lets chase that 1989 dream, my friends.  Come join me.

No comments: