Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Opening and Closing Doors...

When it comes to politics, I am very quite about my views. When it comes to religion, I am the same way. I think that may be for some, not all, people. Sometimes a hard subject to talk about...since one person always feels that they are right...republican/democratic...Christianity/Atheist.

I feel compelled to talk a little bit about my religious views (Reader's Digest Version) and sort of what has been going on in my world.

I have never been a strong women of Faith until recently. After my two miscarriages and losing my Dad in 2008, I had no where to turn, since at that point in my life...I was not in control. In 2011, I lost ALOT  of my faith, since I had two more miscarriages. At that point, I didn't know where to turn. I was depressed and all I wanted to do was to workout, hang with friends, and workout more. I pushed away God, my husband, and family.

In the beginning of  2012, I  was searching for my faith but I didn't feel that it was there. I had to work on myself a little bit more but I knew that God would be waiting in the wings for me.

May 2012, I graduated from my Masters program. I was happy, excited, scared, nervous since I was thinking..."What am I going to do?" My Ahh Moment came this summer at Mackinaw Island and  I thought, "Everything will be alright...you just have to faith."

Sometime in July, there was a sermon at Concordia Lutheran Church and I remember it like it was yesterday. Pastor Krueger was talking about praying and he stated, "God, knows what you need and what you desire, all you have to do is say the Lord's Prayer and He will guide your way."

I started doing just that. I didn't pray for certain things or needs. I just prayed the "Lord's Prayer." Since that day at Concordia, I found my  faith again and my husband again. My husband was just waiting with the door open for me to step back in. We became stronger as a couple and I began believing again. One thing I know about Christianity and God, if you step away...you are always welcome back in.

These last couple of weeks, I have been very blessed with AMAZING challenges and opportunities in my life. I don't know where the "journey" will lead me but what I do know is that I plan on taking my FAITH to get me there.



No comments: