Monday, July 9, 2012

Your Happy Place...

                                                     
 
My Happy Place...

Where is YOUR HAPPY PLACE?  We all have our happy place...you may not know where YOUR happy place it, but think about it? Where do you go on a mental journey, during your dentist appt, going into surgery or maybe you are just sad? What place makes you the happiest in your life...


A HAPPY PLACE consists of:
  • Smiling all day...
  • Not stressed
  • Relaxed
  • At peace
  • Happy to be alive
  • No cares in the world
Maybe it is a beach, a mountain, a certain trail, a place that you remembered when you were a kid,  a backyard, etc. People's HAPPY PLACE are endless possibilities. That spot exists in everyone's world...we all go there in our minds, if we can't get there physically.

Mine...Mackinaw Island/Mackinaw City/Mullet Lake.  I remember the summers as a little girl,  until I was 22, taking a whole week in July, to visit my Grandma and Grandpa on Mullet Lake by Cheboygen, MI. My Grandparents owned a cottage at Silver Lake Lodge Resort. There were about 15 different cottages and  apartments in the resort. Mullet Lake's water was clear and can see the fish swimming around at your feet. When I was younger, my Mom told everyone that I was horrified of the minnows, which I was. Ironically, I swam with Killer Whales as a career.  As I got older, I hung with friends that were there every year.  We would play in the water all day, grab lunch that Mom or Grandma would make us,  get back in the water until it was time for dinner. We went jet skiing down the Cheboygen River and were chased by geese. We would go tubing and go skiing. We would lay out on the HUGE inter-tubes all day with our Pepsi, read our books/magazines and put on baby oil and iodine (UGH...what was I thinking?). After dinner, we would play "HORSE" or "Around the World" on the basketball court, play horseshoes or volleyball, cook Smores on the campfire, shoot off Fireworks, celebrate my Grandpa's Birthday on July 2nd and celebrate 4th of July, with a huge potluck and the whole resort would be together. We would go into Mackinaw City at least one time during the week. Buy a T-Shirt and eat the famous Mackinaw City Fudge.  It was a place that I was relaxed, and happy to be alive. I would smile all day (unless it rained), not stress and I had no cares in the world.

When I am stress, I feel like the world is bringing me down or just need a mental break, I will go to my Happy Place.  But, my Happy Place would be a combination of what I have now and what I had back then.

I would be on Mullet Lake at the Silver Lake Lodge Resort, with my husband, Chris and Macca dog, as we all would  playing in the water. My Mom would be there, along with my Dad...they can still be divorce but at least I can play horseshoes with my  Dad again. My brother, Chris and SIL, Vikki would be there, along with my beautiful niece, Taryn and my nephew, Jaxson. I would also have my Grandma and Grandpa Gaskin there with me. Oh to get a hug from them again... My Aunts, Marsha and Penny, my Uncles, Jerry and Jim, my cousins, Jeff and Brian and their family.  Who knows, maybe the Fritzsching family would join us as well?  It would be a family reunion from those who are still around to those who have passed on.

The more I think about my Happy Place...it actually sounds real!  Truthfully, I think that sounds like MY HEAVEN.... where is your heaven?

No comments: