Thursday, January 26, 2012

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." ~ Mohammad Ali

Saturday, January 21, 2012 in Austin, Texas at The Fittest Games...

WOD #1:
5 DeadLift at 135 lbs
5 Box Jumps
5 Bar over burpees
70 lb sprint carry
Goal Time: 8:00-8:30/ Actual time: 7:31

Once I heard 3...2...1...Go...it was game on.  Hard time cleaning the 70lb bag. I was just SO happy to beat my goal time. 


WOD #2
3 attempts of Pro Shuttle Sprint
3 attempts of Broad Jump
3 attempts of Wall Ball Throw (14 lbs)
Wall Ball Throw...interesting WOD
Wasn't sure what to think about this WOD. I did what I could and was happy with it all!

WOD # 3
4 minutes to find your Max Snatch
2 minute Rest
1 minute to find Max Thrusters at 95 lbs

Find that Max Snatch...Get it!!!

So happy...ended up getting my Max Snatch at 85 lbs...almost had 90 lbs. Not enough time. Clocked 13 Thrusters for the 1 minute.  I knocked out 11 right away!!!

WOD #4
9-7-5
Squat Clean @ 95 lbs
Game Hand Release Push Ups
Shoulder to OverHead @ 95 lbs
Pull Ups
Goal Time: 9-9:45/ Actual Time: 8:13

Concentrating before WOD #4!
 I was nervous about this WOD. The cut off was 10 minutes. I knew in my heart of hearts...if I could do this WOD, I would be a happy lady. I didn't care if I placed 1st, 2nd or 10th...I wanted to just finish!!!

This weekend...I learned alot about myself. I signed up to do a CrossFit competition in December. I got in. I trained for it and I succeeded at it. I placed 4th in Master's Female Division.

Big picture wise, it doesn't matter what time I did my WOD's in or how far I jumped or what place I ranked...what matter was that I was "courageous enough to take risk." And after taking that risk, I accomplished something...I accomplished getting my confidence back after a tough year in 2011.

Thank you Ali for taking a risk in "your world"...you taught me how to take a "risk" in mine...






No comments: